SEO or Search Engine Optimization basically refers to the process of increasing the visibility of a website in search results engine – like Google or Yahoo.
You can certainly pay for the privilege of ranking high on the search results and many SEO professionals will tell you that the only way to get a good ranking is to pay for it. But can you do it yourself?
There are times when using SEO professionals with many ethical techniques to move your website up the rankings is a good investment, but there are many things you need to do first and a few techniques that you can use to give it a go first.
- Have relevant content to your keywords – Even better if your domain name contains keywords that are relevant to your business. For example – www.AucklandPropertyInvestments.co.nz, the entire name “Auckland Property Investments” and “Property Investments” are the keywords for the website and the domain name is relevant to the business.
- Article Titles – The title of articles that are on your websites and blogs need to have common search terms in them and, of course, be relevant. So “How to find the right Property Investments opportunities in Auckland – A guide to the Auckland Property Investment market” are good examples.
- Professionalism – Before your focus goes on SEO, you need to ensure your website and blog sites are of high quality with good content that is current and relevant.
- Backlinking – this is where you link from your website to another website, blog, article and social media sites. The link must be to a good quality site that is recognized by the search engine. Remember the importance of Social Media Marketing NZ and by creating links to these assets you further increase traffic through your sites.
- Avoid shady tactics- Black Hatting or spamdexing is a method that manipulates keywords and is used in an automated (non-human) way. Google and other Search Engines will catch on to these and they could blacklist your site. Also bombarding articles with keywords and backlinks is also frowned upon and should be avoided.
Focus on putting good quality content with high quality links that work and your ranking will improve.
For further hints and tips on Strategies from Mobilize Mail Click Here.