To be a successful blogger you have to keep up with the many different aspects of blogging and accept that it is a constantly evolving genre. But central to any change in the way to deliver a blog is the ability to write compelling, fresh and engaging content consistently and continuously over time.
If your New Zealand business is not using Blog Articles then click here for some compelling reasons why you should be.
How each blogger does this varies and each blogger has their own style and uniqueness. Individual style aside – there are some basic principles of writing great blog content that should be kept in mind.
Tips and Techniques for Bloggers
- Make Your Writing Scannable – can a reader scan your article and get the gist of it and quickly find and click on any links.
- Length of a Blog Post – Keep blogs shorter rather than longer, if you have a topic that will run long – break it up into a series of articles.
- Effective Titles on Blogs – one of the most important elements of a blog post is it’s title – a title should grab attention and entice the reader, the title should clearly reflect the content.
- Motivation – once you have been blogging for a while it is easy to lose drive. Try inviting guest bloggers to keep the blogs moving.
- Good Design – While the look of your site won’t neccassirely attract readers – a poor layout and design may well put off potential readers.
- Use Social media – Facebook, Digg, Delicious, Reddit, Stumbleupon and Netscape are all sites that can help traffic readers through to your blog, and also hopefully comment on your article – which will then be shared with their contacts. Using blogs as a Social Media Marketing NZ tool is an effective way to draw potential clients into clicking through to your online assets
Ironically there seems to be a vast number of blogs on how to write effective blogs. These can be a great place to start if you are new to writing articles for a blog. Click here to check out a good blog on blogging!
Get your articles published for free on Mobilize Mail’s CSN (Businessblogs.co.nz; Financetips.co.nz, PropertyBlogs.co.nz and to reach global eyes BusinessBlogsHub.com). We set up these blogs a few years ago as part of our own social media strategy and now thousands of visitors frequent these targeted sites every month. Click Here to learn more
Business Blog and eBook service to grow your email list and sales