KISS Principle for Email Writing
Here are a few tips for writing articles, newsletters, business updates for email:
1) Keep It Short. Online Writing Needs to be Shorter than other Writing
- All words must serve a function.
- Replace long words with short words.
- Avoid meaningless jargon, frills and the tendency to inflate to appear important
- Link to extended information hosted on web pages
2) Use Title, Sub-Titles, Bullet Points and Bold Face for ease of scanning content and digesting the information.
3) Personalise the language using “active voice” over “passive voice”
construction. An active voice example is: ‘We are developing new
features’. A passive voice example is: ‘New features are in development’.
More Tips For Your Email Marketing Messages
Should You Include Your Brand Or Not (click here to read)